History

We have great traditions

1905

The school is founded

1905

On October 5, Pastor Josef Brems founded Sct. Hermann-Joseph School with approx. 15 students. Three Sct. Joseph Sisters teaches at the pharmacist's property. On December 18 the student number is 25. The picture shows the pharmacist's garden, which later laid the foundation for school and church construction.

Photographer: Unknown
Photo: Vejle City Archives

1908

The new school building

1908

The new school building at Blegbanken is inaugurated with 6 large classrooms. The building is now part of the Sct. Maria complex.

Photographer: Unknown
Photo: Vejle City Archives

1910

1910

The school seen from the meadows. St. Maria hospital is not yet listed.

Photographer: Unknown
Photo: Vejle City Archives

1924

The school is now named Sct. Norberts Skole.

1924

1937

New school building is being erected

1937

A new school building is being built in the rectory garden with 7 classes and a total of 125 pupils.


Photographer: Unknown
Photo: Vejle City Archives

1940

1940

Skolen set fra præstens have i 1940



Fotograf: Ukendt
Foto: Vejle Stadsarkiv

1957

New school building is being erected

1957

A new school wing where built in the parsonage garden with school kitchen rooms, classrooms for woodwork and normal classrooms. The school now has 160 students.

Photo: Sct. Norberts School

1970

1970

Photographer: Thorkild Christensen
Photo: Vejle City Archives

1977

The school wing in Fjellegade is being extended

1977

The school wing in Fjellegade is being extended. Includes classrooms, teacher's room, office and study rooms. The student population grows and is now fully expanded from kindergarten class - 10th grade. The school now has 207 pupils.

Photographer: Allan Simonsen
Photo: Vejle City Archives

1984

New school building is being erected

1984

The school's new gymnasiums as well as classrooms for crafts, visual arts and music are inaugurated

Photographer: Frants Mortensen
Photo: Vejle City Archives

1990

The former warehouse at the end of Fjellegade is inaugurated

1990

The former warehouse at the end of Fjellegade is inaugurated after a thorough renovation. It's a school building for the pre-school classes. In addition to classrooms, the building contains a large room for the After School Club (Known as SFO in danish.

Photography: Sct. Norberts School

2000

Sct. The Norbert Foundation takes over Sct. Mary's former laundrybuilding

2000

Sct. The Norbert Foundation takes over Sct. Mary's former laundry house in 1999. All the school buildings get
names, and the newest building, Mariahuset, which consists partly of the former wash house as well as a new building, is inaugurated with 6 new classrooms and a canteen for the oldest students. The school now has two classes in each level/grade. The school now has 319 pupils.

Footage: Sct. Norberts School

2004

Sct. The Norbert Foundation buys the former police station, Blegbanken 2

2004

Sct. The Norbert Foundation buys the former police yard, Blegbanken 2. Three floors are rented out to the school.

Footage: Sct. Norberts School

2009

Sct. Norbert's Kindergarten is created

2009

The Mary Sisters Nursery is closed down. Sct. Norberts School sets up a private institution at the same place, named Sct. Norbert's Kindergarten.

2017

A nursery is established in connection with the kindergarden

2017

A nursery is established in connection with our kindergarden. Sct. Norbert's Kindergarten changes its name to Sct. Norbert Children's Home (in danish, Børnehuset).

2018

Headmaster throug the years

2018

1905 – 1922: Josef Brems, O.Præm.
1922 – 1931: Adolf Brems, O.Præm.
1931 – 1936: Theo Op de Coul, O.Præm.
1936 – 1937: August Druyts, O.Præm.
1937 – 1956: Frans Vervoort, O.Præm.
1956 – 1959: Edward Stappers, O.Præm.
1959 – 1974: Erling Tiedemann
1974 – 1976: Laurits Larsen (konstitueret)
1976: Tove Holtkamp (konstitueret)
1976 – 1995: Svenning Ravn
1995: Mogens Kjærgaard (konstitueret)
1995 - : Henrik Witzel Bech